Dale Zanine-US PRESSWIRE
The Georgia Bulldogs retain the top spot in this week's SEC rankings.
1. Georgia Bulldogs (10-1, 7-1) -- After the thumping the Bulldogs took at South Carolina, who would have thought they'd be set for a play-in game to the national championship.
2. Texas A&M Aggies (9-2, 5-2) -- Instead of getting ready for their historical showdown with Texas, the Aggies are preparing for a game against Missouri. Thanks, conference expansion!
3. Alabama Crimson Tide (10-1, 6-1) -- Auburn goes undefeated in 2004, and can't get past two undefeated teams ranked higher. In 2011 and now 2012, Alabama gets the opportunity to back into the BCS title game with a loss. Football is the worst.
4. LSU Tigers (9-2, 5-2) -- The harrowing escape against Ole Miss was vintage Les Miles football. The only thing missing was clock mismanagement.
5. Florida Gators (10-1, 7-1) -- The Gators better find some offense against Florida State, or they'll lose their third straight against the Seminoles.
7. Mississippi State Bulldogs (8-3, 4-3) -- With victories in the Egg Bowl and a bowl game, the Bulldogs can get to 10 wins in what seems like forever.
8. Vanderbilt Commodores (7-4, 5-3) -- The Commodores have five SEC wins for the first time since 1935. What's more astonishing: that Vanderbilt has five SEC wins, or that a team could go nearly eighty years without five wins in conference play?
9. Ole Miss Rebels (5-6, 2-5) -- Another heartbreaker for the Rebs, but Mr. Freeze has Ole Miss headed in the right direction.
10. Arkansas Razorbacks (4-7, 2-5) -- Can we please force the Razorbacks to keep John L. Smith?
11. Missouri Tigers (5-6, 2-5) -- SEC teams are not supposed to lose to Syracuse, Missouri.
12. Auburn Tigers (3-8, 0-7) -- The Tigers actually looked like a real football team against Alabama A&M. Can Auburn find a way to upset Alab--AHHAHAHAHAHAHA. No, Alabama is going to give the Tigers a beating like they've never seen.
13. Tennessee Volunteers (4-7, 0-7) -- When Tennessee gets its ass kicked by Vanderbilt, it's clear that the Mayans were right.
14. Kentucky Wildcats (2-9, 0-7) -- The Wildcats' upcoming game against the Volunteers may be one of the saddest SEC games on record.