Auburn picked up a one-sided Homecoming victory against Western Carolina Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium, demolishing the Catamounts, 62-3. A few initial thoughts:
- This was never going to be a competitive game, but it was encouraging to see Auburn go in focused and take care of business.
- It's hard to take much away from Jeremy Johnson's performance, considering the opponent, but 17-of-21 for 201 yards, four touchdowns and one pick is pretty good.
- 712 total yards, 511 on the ground. That's just obscene.
- Everybody in orange and blue was having fun, and that was fun to watch.
- Nice job by the defense to keep the Catamounts out of the end zone.
- You know when Chandler Shakespeare is getting carries, things are going pretty well.
- Eight different Auburn players scored touchdowns. Way to spread the wealth, Tigers.
- No injuries. That was probably the biggest goal for the day.
What did you think of Johnathan Jones and the rest of the Tigers? How are you feeling going into the Texas A&M game?