Auburn starting cornerback Chris Davis and starting defensive end Craig Sanders are out with injuries for the Tigers' Saturday night game at LSU. Neither player traveled with the team to Baton Rouge.
Davis suffered an apparent ankle injury on a punt return during Auburn's Week 2 win over Arkansas State. Head coach Gus Malzahn downplayed the injury during Mississippi State week, but the Tigers' best corner was a surprise scratch against the Bulldogs. This week, Malzahn has consistently called Davis "day-to-day." Sanders also is apparently dealing with an ankle injury, which is news to us.
Auburn will surely miss the duo against LSU. The Bengal Tigers have a newly discovered passing game this year, and covering receivers Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry will be no easy task. Pressuring quarterback Zach Mettenberger will be key to defending against the LSU attack, and missing Sanders, who has 2.5 tackles for loss, one-half sack and four quarterback hurries, takes some punch out of the Auburn defensive line.
Auburn and LSU kickoff from Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge at 6:45 p.m. CT. ESPN has the broadcast.
More from College and Magnolia:
- Auburn-LSU TV info, radio, schedule, key players and more
- CFB TV schedule, Week 4: The complete list of games nationally available
- Tigers aiming for Gus Malzahn's first signature win
- SEC football GIF Preview, Week 4: Hooray for blowouts!
- Home on the Plains: Not all Tigers are on the bayou