The first weekend of October brought with it the fifth week of the NFL season. Competing with the best of the best were a few former Auburn Tigers. How'd they do?
- Karlos Dansby continues with his rampage on NFL offenses, making eight solo tackles, two sacks, a pass deflection and grabbing an interception in the Cardinals' beatdown of the Panthers.
- Sen'Derrick Marks had his best Sunday of the season thus far, collecting four solo tackles, two pass deflections, one sack and a forced fumble for the Jaguars.
- Carlos Rogers also came away Sunday with a season-high three solo tackles and two assisted tackles in the 49ers' victory over the Texans.
- Daren Bates picked up one tackle in the Rams win over the Jaguars.
- Josh Bynes grabbed a solo tackle, an assisted tackle and a pass deflection in the Ravens' close call against the Bills.
- Jerraud Powers' Sunday effort included two solo tackles, an assisted tackle and two pass deflections for the Cardinals.
- Nick Fairley managed one tackle in the Lions' loss to the Packers.
- Corey Lemonier made two solo tackles for the 49ers.
- Pat Sims picked up a solo tackle and an assisted tackle for the Raiders.
- Ronnie Brown started the month of October with seven carries for 11 yards and three catches for 21 yards in the Chargers' losing effort to the Raiders.
- Cam Newton did not have a stellar Sunday for the Panthers, completing 21-of-39 passes for 308 yards and three interceptions. Newton also rushed four times for 25 yards.
- Ben Tate carried seven times for 28 yards, caught two passes for 12 yards and lost a fumble in the Texans' loss to San Fran.
Great job this week, Tigers, and as always, War Eagle!
More from College and Magnolia:
- Breaking down the X's and O's of Auburn-Ole Miss
- Undercover Barner: On Roll Tiding
- The College and Mag Show, Episode 6
- Auburn vs. Texas A&M to air on CBS
- TAKES: 2ND EDITION, VOLUME 5