This week's SEC baseball rankings were voted upon by five members of the College and Magnolia baseball staff. Total points are listed next to each team. First-place votes are in parentheses. Commentary provided by Dusty Miller and Brett Mixon.
1. Florida 60 (5) -- Took a business like approach and swept Vandy over the weekend. Then again, it seems like everyone is sweeping Vandy.
2. Arkansas 50 -- Swept Alabama at home, but how big of a feat is that?
3. Kentucky 49 -- It's hard to deny the 'Cats, who are undefeated and swept Carolina at home. Do they belong with the SEC's elite?
4. South Carolina 45 -- Had the hiccup vs. Kentucky and couldn't score many runs. Still, the Gamecocks are the two-time national champs and will be strong in the end.
5. LSU 41 -- Rolling along nicely. Took two of three from Mississippi State.
6. Georgia 38 -- Dawgs have been solid. Took two out of three against Tennessee and remain nationally ranked.
7. Auburn 28 -- Pitching is coming around, now will the bats? Tigers are the only SEC team to win a road conference series, and they did it against a ranked Ole Miss team.
8. Mississippi State 25 -- Lost the series to a good LSU team, but the Bulldogs have looked good this year.
9. Ole Miss 24 -- Errors were costly against Auburn, and we were expecting more out of the Rebels at the plate.
t-10. Tennessee 12 -- Typical UT in rebuilding mode. Still, the Vols managed to salvage a game at Georgia.
t-10. Vanderbilt 12 -- Why have the 'Dores gone downhill so quickly? They can't get anything going and don't have a single quality win.
12. Alabama 6 -- The Tide's season-long struggles continued at Arkansas. Alabama is very young, but outfielder Taylor Dugas is a bright spot.