This week's SEC rankings were voted upon by six members of the College and Magnolia baseball staff. Team listings include overall and SEC records, voting point totals and first-place votes. Commentary by Dusty Miller and Chris Fuhrmeister.
1. Kentucky, 30-3/9-3, 72 (6) -- Another series win for the 'Cats, this time against Ole Miss. Kentucky continues to impress, and a series win over Arkansas next weekend would be mighty impressive.
2. LSU, 25-7/8-4, 63 -- The Bayou Bengals have won five of six against Arkansas and Florida after losing two of three to Auburn. Clearly, the series on the Plains was an anomaly.
3. Florida, 25-7/7-5, 58 -- The Gators dropped the home series to LSU, but both of their losses were of the one-run variety. Tough breaks.
4. Arkansas, 24-7/7-5, 54 -- Arky got back on track with a series win over a slumping Georgia team.
t-5. Ole Miss, 23-10/6-6, 44 -- Ole Miss did lose the series, but handing Kentucky one of its three losses all year is a nice silver lining for the Rebs.
t-5. South Carolina, 23-9/5-7, 44 -- Carolina took a nice road-series win at Tennessee. The Gamecocks seem to be returning to solid form.
7. Auburn, 17-14/6-6, 32 -- An absolutely putrid weekend from the Tigers resulted in being swept at Alabama. [insert dumpster fire image here]
8. Georgia, 19-13/5-7, 28 -- The Dawgs lost their third consecutive series, falling at Arkansas. Their next three series are against Ole Miss, Florida and LSU, so it's do-or-die time for UGa.
t-9. Tennessee, 20-12/6-6, 26 -- No shame in losing two to a very talented Carolina team, but the Vols need to get more offensive production.
t-9. Mississippi State, 20-12/5-7, 26 -- Cowbells finally picked up a series win, taking two of three from Vanderbilt in Starkville. MSU needs to keep it up if it wants to make it to Hoover.
11. Alabama, 13-19/4-8, 13 -- Bama climbs out of the cellar after sweeping what we thought was a pretty good Auburn team. Can the Tide keep up the momentum this weekend in Baton Rouge?
12. Vanderbilt, 13-19/4-8, 18 -- Vandy, Vandy, Vandy. We keep waiting for you to turn your season around, and you never do. It'll take stunning turn of events for the 'Dores to make any sort of postseason play.