This week's SEC rankings were voted upon by five members of the College and Magnolia baseball staff. Team listings include overall and SEC records, voting point totals and first-place votes. Commentary by Dusty Miller and Chris Fuhrmeister.
1. Kentucky, 35-6/13-5, 59 (4) -- Took another impressive series win, this time over LSU. The 'Cats have pretty much solidified themselves as the SEC's best team.
2. LSU, 32-9/12-6, 54 -- No shame in losing the series to Kentucky. LSU still looks like a major contender for the SEC championship in Hoover.
3. Florida, 31-9/11-7, 51 (1) -- The Gators bounced back with a nice series win over a good Georgia team. A tough test against Arkansas this week will give Florida another chance to impress.
4. South Carolina, 30-11/11-7, 45 -- Carolina went to the Plains and swept Auburn with relative ease. All of a sudden, this team is looking like a championship contender.
5. Arkansas, 28-12/9-9, 38 -- The Hogs are talented, but they're struggling a bit having dropped three of four series. Things don't get any easier with upcoming matchups against Florida, Missouri (out of conference) and South Carolina.
6. Ole Miss, 27-13/9-9, 36 -- Have been playing pretty well lately and won two of three against Arkansas. Don't sleep on this team.
7. Georgia, 24-17/8-10, 28 -- If not for a bizarre 16-inning loss to Florida on Friday night, the Dawgs could have taken the series from the Gators. Georgia has proven itself to be one of the SEC's better teams, but it's also one of the most inconsistent.
8. Mississippi State, 24-16/8-10, 26 -- The Cowbells inserted themselves back into SEC tourney discussion with a sweep of Tennessee. State hosts Ole Miss in a huge series this weekend.
9. Tennessee, 22-18/7-11, 21 -- Getting swept by State really put the Vols in a bind. Tennessee travels to Auburn this weekend, and it's unlikely the loser of that series will make it to Hoover.
10. Alabama, 16-25/6-12, 14 -- In the SEC's pillow fight of the week, the Tide took two of three from Vandy and nearly came away with the sweep. 'Bama should come back to Earth this week with a trip to South Carolina.
11. Vanderbilt, 18-22/7-11, 12 -- The Commodores proved the series win over Auburn was a fluke, which makes it hurt even more. Vandy hosts Kentucky this weekend, so don't expect the 'Dores to vault up the standings anytime soon.
12. Auburn, 21-19/7-11, 6 -- It's been a fast and hard fall for the Tigers, who have now lost eight of nine SEC games. Tennessee comes to town this weekend for the definition of a must-win series. With 'Bama and Vandy playing two of the SEC's best teams, a good showing against the Vols could give Auburn some breathing room in the race for the conference tournament.