Auburn took care of business at home against Conference USA's Florida Atlantic, rolling to a 45-10 win over the Owls at Jordan-Hare Stadium. The Tigers jumped out to a 21-0 first-quarter lead and never looked back. A few initial thoughts:
- Like it did against Western Carolina, Auburn looked focused and played well from the start. That's no guarantee when good teams play overmatched competition, and it's good to see Gus Malzahn has his team sharp against lesser opponents.
- Nick Marshall's shoulder. Apparently, the injury wasn't too serious, and he was seen joking around on the sideline after getting an ice rap. Still, that was scary. The No. 1 goal in a game like Saturday's is to avoid injuries.
- Three consecutive games with more than 600 yards of offense. No matter the competition, that's impressive.
- 421 rushing yards. It's fun to watch this offense.
- Jeremy Johnson looked pretty good throwing the ball. The long touchdown passes to Sammie Coates should be a nice sign for the future.
- 7-1 at the end of October. Four SEC games left in November. This team has already exceeded expectations. It's time to really shock some folks over the next month.