I believe right now we’re at 45 days from kickoff, with Georgia Southern looming on opening day! Yesterday we linked an early scouting report for Auburn’s matchup with the Eagles, and today we roll on down the schedule...
- James Crepea is continuing his look at the lineup, here’s his bit on the Clemson Tigers. Gus matches wits with Dabo in Week 2, surely looking for some revenge after last year’s close loss.
- Auburn got a notch in their preseason belt with one writer predicting the Tigers to take the SEC West. However, we’re not pleased with Barrett Sallee’s pick for the SEC Championship Game winner...
- Tonight at midnight Eastern time, Auburn’s SEC Network Takeover begins with the 2013 SEC Championship win over Missouri! It’s one of six football games that’ll air tomorrow on the SEC Network. Several of those time slots just read “SEC Football”, so if you’d like to have a little more information on what they are, you can refer to this rundown from the Opelika-Auburn News that we linked yesterday.
- Check out this rare footage from the 1957 national championship team that was just released by the university. Through digitizing old tapes, they’ve been able to sync up old radio play-by-play with the video... very cool.
- And the Barbasol Championship begins tomorrow at Grand National in Opelika, and multiple Auburn golfers — former and *barely* current — will be competing. Blayne Barber, Patton Kizzire, and student-for-four-more-days Matt GIlchrest will be in the field. But here are power rankings from the PGA Tour’s Rob Bolton, who’s got another Auburn product in his top ten for the weekend.
Not many better places to show off than Toomer’s Drugs. War Eagle, and Happy Wednesday.