Auburn spent a lovely weekend out in California, and while the perfect record’s no longer intact, the Tigers overall win total has gotten quite large over the past three weeks.
The Tigers went 4-2 during their time on the west coast, including a 3-2 mark at the Mary Nutter Classic in Cathedral City. Auburn first began the week with an easy 8-0 victory over Cal State Northridge before taking part in the event along with Notre Dame, Wisconsin, San Jose State, and Long Beach State.
Auburn began the weekend with a solid victory over Notre Dame —
Couldn't watch Auburn's 6-2 win over Notre Dame? Check out the highlights ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/XdJpAVaGiH— Auburn Softball (@AuburnSoftball) February 23, 2018
Then sadly fell in game two of the day against Wisconsin by a score of 3-2. It was the first loss of the season for the Tigers, but they rebounded nicely the next day.
And began the final day of play with a solid victory over Oregon State as well —
Unfortunately, things ended on a bit of a sour note with Long Beach State taking down Auburn 6-3 on Saturday in the final matchup of the tournament. With that, Auburn stands at 17-2 overall and will welcome a few teams back to the Plains for the Wilson/Demarini Classic this Friday. In attendance at Jane B. Moore Field will be UNC-Wilmington, Western Carolina, and Western Illinois. After that, SEC play begins on the road on March 9th with Auburn visiting LSU for a three-game series.
After three weekends, let’s run down the stat leaders:
- BATTING AVERAGE - Victoria Draper - .479
- HITS - Victoria Draper - 23
- RUNS - Victoria Draper - 23
- DOUBLES - Alyssa Rivera - 7
- TRIPLES - Taylon Snow - 2
- HOME RUNS - Justus Perry/Kendall Veach - 3
And your pitching leaders as well:
- WINS - Kaylee Carlson - 8
- COMPLETE GAMES - Kaylee Carlson/Makayla Martin - 3
- ERA - Kaylee Carlson - 0.64
- STRIKEOUTS - Kaylee Carlson - 55
- OPPONENT BATTING AVERAGE - Makayla Martin/Kaylee Carlson - .184
One more week of non-conference play before the grinder begins! War Eagle!