Ouch. Not the best time for the offense to come up really short.
The Auburn softball team got swept in three games at Texas A&M this weekend in College Station by scores of 3-1, 1-0, and 7-1. On Friday night, the Tigers mustered just four hits while Kaylee Carlson allowed three runs in less than four innings of work. Carlson suffered her fifth loss of the season, but Ashlee Swindle provided a bit of a bright spot with 2.1 scoreless innings of relief.
On Saturday, the Tigers again fell flat offensively, failing to score and notching just one hit (a Taylon Snow double to lead off the game). After that, Auburn failed to record a hit and lost in the bottom of the seventh inning on a walkoff single. Then earlier today, Texas A&M ran out to a 7-0 lead, and the only player that got anything going on offense was Tannon Snow, who recorded two hits.
After the sweep, Auburn now stands at 38-14 overall 11-12 in the SEC. which is eighth in the SEC at the moment. If the SEC Tournament began today, the Tigers would play the first game of the Tournament against Alabama, who holds the ninth seed at the moment.
For the most part, the rest of the league has another weekend of conference action, but the Tigers have finished their SEC schedule. Auburn will visit Chattanooga for a two-game tilt next Saturday and Sunday before the SEC Tournament begins a week from Wednesday.
At the end of the SEC season, here are your statistical leaders:
- BATTING AVERAGE - Victoria Draper - .374
- HITS - Victoria Draper - 52
- RUNS - Victoria Draper - 37
- DOUBLES - Courtney Shea - 10
- TRIPLES - Taylon Snow - 3
- HOME RUNS - Alyssa Rivera - 8
- WALKS - Casey McCrackin - 30
- STOLEN BASES - Victoria Draper - 37 (NEW Auburn record)
And your pitching leaders as well:
- WINS - Kaylee Carlson - 19 (65 career wins, Auburn record)
- COMPLETE GAMES - Kaylee Carlson - 12
- ERA - Kaylee Carlson - 1.23
- STRIKEOUTS - Kaylee Carlson - 109
- OPPONENT BATTING AVERAGE - Makayla Martin - .195