For any of our readers, I want to make this site a space where we can all talk together. Not just as fans of Auburn Athletics, but as people in our greater community. In the coming days or weeks, I imagine COVID-19 will spread to our neighborhood. I won’t predict to know when or how it will affect us, but I truly believe the more we lean on each other (well... not physically) the better off we will be.
The plan will be to provide links and share information as it pertains to Auburn and the East Alabama community on this page. Feel free to use the comments section to share updates, talk, vent, or as a way to stay sane. We’ll be around, too.
War Eagle everyone.
- Auburn’s official response to how COVID-19 is affecting athletics can be found here.
- The NCAA has provided links and resources regarding COVID-19.
- The NCAA Tournament has been cancelled. It will not be made up.
- The SEC Tournament has been cancelled, per the league.
ALERT: Based on the latest developments and the continued spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Southeastern Conference today announced the cancellation of the remainder of the 2020 Men’s Basketball Tournament in Nashville.— Southeastern Conference (@SEC) March 12, 2020
- The NCAA has canceled all Winter and Spring Championships, including the NCAA Tournament, College World Series, among other events.
- Spring practice will be postponed at least until in-person classes are tentatively scheduled to resume on April 10th.
- Auburn University has shared an updates/FAQ page regarding how it is handling the pandemic.
- Auburn will be conducting classes online beginning Monday, March 16th until at least April 10th. On-campus dorms and dining halls will be closed until then as well.
- Governor Kay Ivey announced Friday that all public schools K-12 would be closed from March 18th-April 6th.
- Here is a live link showing all school closings in Alabama.
- Here’s how downtown Auburn merchants are reacting to the outbreak.