Auburn is close to finalizing its new staff under Bryan Harsin. Thursday, Auburn officially announced three new hires. Yesterday, two former Tigers were officially named to Harsin’s 2021 staff. That leaves just five spots left to fill. Spots I expect to be filled relatively soon.
Here’s a breakdown on where things stand and names to know.
- Head Coach - Bryan Harsin
- Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks - Mike Bobo
- Defensive Coordinator - Derek Mason
- Offensive Line - Will Friend
- Running Backs - Carnell Williams
- Cornerbacks - Zac Etheridge
- Run Game Coordinator/Inside LInebackers - Jeff Schmedding
- Tight Ends - Brad Bedell
3:30 PM UPDATE
Top Possible Remaining Targets
- Travis Williams (Linebackers @ Auburn)
- Larry Porter (Tight Ends & Special Teams @ Auburn)
- Al Pogue (BUCKs @ Auburn)
- Bryan McClendon (Passing Game Coordinator & Wide Receivers @ Oregon)
- Darrell Wyatt (Wide Receivers @ UCF)
- Tee Martin (Passing Game Coordinator & Wide Receivers @ Tennessee)
- Ricky Brumfield (Tight Ends & Special Teams Coordinator @ Virginia)
- Brick Haley (Defensive Line @ Missouri)
- Marc Mattioli (Defensive Backs @ Vanderbilt)
- Marion Hobby (Former Defensive Line @ Clemson)
- Jess Simpson (Defensive Line @ Miami)
As always, I will do my best to update things as news breaks. Auburn’s early enrollees report tomorrow so I suspect Harsin would like to have these final spots filled by then. We will see what happens.